How To: Add A Printer
Add a network printer to your profile.
- From the Start menu, choose Settings > Printers and Faxes.
- Choose Add a printer from the Printer Tasks pane or from the File menu.
- Click Next in the Add Printer Wizard's first dialogue.
- Click the radio button next to "A network printer ..." in the second dialogue (refer to Image 1).
- In the third dialogue:
- Click the radio button next to "Connect to this printer (or to browse ..." (refer to Image 2);
- In the Name field, begin typing \\ares\ then choose the desired printer (refer to Image 3 for a list of network printers available).
Note: If the printer is not listed but you know the printer's name, simply type it into the Name field.
- Choose whether to make this your default printer in the next dialogue.
- Click Finish to complete the wizard and install the printer to your profile.